Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Prince Charming...?

Last week I went against all my good judgement and agreed to a blind date. So, tonight we met up at Starbucks... he wasn't bad looking, didn't seem to be crazy, for a moment I thought all the horror stories I had heard about blind dates were myths, and then...

...our conversation began:

"God does not will for women to be in ministry" he said. (clearly wasn't aware of my occupation)
"I went to a church once and a female began speaking, so I stormed out"
"I believe women should only wear dresses" (As I sit before him in jeans)

This conversation (well more so him just speaking as I sat jaw dropped trying not to burst into laughter and the ridiculousness of my situation) was within the first 10 minutes of me sitting down.

He continued to explain to me his belief on how the South should've won and his view on government control (all 1st date conversation material, right?)

I was amused with the entire thing to be honest... what were the odds of getting set up with this guy?! what was the lady who recommended him for me thinking? What is he thinking?

Oh good times! So my 2nd date with him is this Friday, I believe were discussing why women should never leave the kitchen and how white people are the supreme race... can't wait!!!

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!

    This is gonna be a great story that you can tell your future husband about! It's probably gonna be a story we keep telling people too ;)

    You're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one almost tops the Country character I met in college!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story makes me want to start blind dating...but i suppose we can't all be as lucky as you

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you really going out with him again???

    ReplyDelete
  5. There isn't really a 2nd date haha I was just kidding. What kind of a fool do you take me for?

    ReplyDelete