Thursday, May 14, 2009

AA Mtg

Tonight I went to an AA mtg.

I was excited when asked to sit through one; I am very interested in the whole process, the 12 steps, the transformation... all of it.

HOWEVER, tonight was not a regular AA mtg, there was a guest speaker, who to my luck was an AA historian of 16 years and an author of more than 13 books. He should have kept to writing because his speaking abilities were close to non-existent... Monotone for the whole 90 minutes!!!

I'm still very intrigued with the whole origin and process of Alcoholics anonymous, but this guy talked for over 30 minutes on how he found the original copy of the Big Book... literally how he tracked down the book step by step.

I wasn't the only one who wanted to poke their eyes out, people were consistently walking out about every 3 minutes. By the grace of God, at the break my brother leaned over and said, "let's get the heck out of here" I grabbed my purse immediately and headed towards the door...

On the bright side, I got a free book, God and Alcoholism. It sounds really interesting... I'll let you know.

Now I'm watching the Office... out!

No comments:

Post a Comment