Saturday, May 23, 2009

'Thrifty'ness @ its finest

Ok, yesterday I walked into World Market (one of my favorite stores) and purchased about $120 worth of product, however, thanks to a few things I walked out of there only paying $40.44.

how?? Let me tell you...

1.) I usually keep my eye out for holiday sales, and thanks to Memorial Day weekend World Market was having a 50% off sale.

2.) on top of that, I have a good friend, Michael Bustillos who works there and he is able to get friends and family an ADDITIONAL 30% off the final purchase.

3.) finally, I had a coupon for, "Get $10 off any purchase more than $50" (I'm not condoning spending that much money, BUT if you need the items, may as well get them cheaper)

so... in summary... I basically had 80% off my final purchase and then an extra $10 off.

Loving it...

so your take-away:
  • wait to shop around holidays
  • network with friends and family; its all who you know...
  • keep your eye out for the little coupons that make a big difference

1 comment: